Although the game was founded in Dublin in 1904, it did not make its mark in the North Monaghan area until the 1930’s when a number of teams sprang up throughout the parish, including Goland, Moybridge, Mullan Mill, Carrickroe, Ballyoisin Clara and Glenmore.
By the mid thirties, Clara and Glenmore amalgamated to form the first Truagh team which included Mary Treanor, Annie Treanor, Cassie Treanor and Bridget Mc. Kenna together with the following in the photograph:- Back row L-R. Dympna Finnegan,Bernadette Sherry, Teasie Sherry, Cassie Smyth, Cassie Sherry, Aggie Mc. Kenna, Mary Mullan. Front row:- Ellen Treanor, Maggie Sherry, Lily Mc. Kenna, Rose Mullan and Winnie Finnegan. They wore black gymslips , white blouses and black tights and their first match was against Blackstaff, whom they defeated. There was a tremendous interest in camogie at that time where hundreds of spectators would enjoy the matches.